MetFDA members enjoy many benefits, including:
- Regularly scheduled training sessions designed to help members fulfill Continuing Education requirements and mandatory OSHA training
- Access to industry conferences and events
- An Advocacy program created to protect the interests of metropolitan funeral directors, funeral homes, and the families they serve
- Networking opportunities throughout the year, allowing members to share knowledge, information and best practices
- Bi-monthly newsletters highlighting member news and industry updates
- A dynamic website featuring member funeral homes and highlighting the importance of the services they provide, plus valuable resources and references available exclusively to members
- Membership in the MetFDA enables funeral directors, their staff and family to join Directors Choice Credit Union - a state credit union designed specifically to provide quality financial services unique to the funeral directing industry
- Insurance Affinity Programs
MetFDA Dues at Work During the COVID-19 Pandemic
When COVID-19 hit New York City, the MetFDA leaders and staff tirelessly served as advocates and the resource for timely information and updates necessary to do your job safely. Through pandemic-specific emails, coordination of PPE, and constant communication with key stakeholders (including the Governor’s office, NYC Department of Health, NYC Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Division of Cemeteries, FEMA, various city and state associations, and others), you were able to continue serving your communities in the best way possible. As we enter another year of the pandemic, know that whatever comes next, we are ready to work for you well into the future.
"Being a member of the MetFDA has kept me aware of many important developments that impact our industry, saved my company money due to its many benefit programs and provided me with the advice I need when issues arise. I would advise everyone to join, get involved and stand united."
"Being a member of The Metropolitan Funeral Directors Association has been invaluable. I am kept informed of anything pertinent to our profession on the local and state level, and I really enjoy the camaraderie of my fellow members."